So….yeah. I’ve been wanting to make this post for a while and have had complications because my primary laptop is out of service and it had my ongoing list of movies I’ve seen and I didn’t want to leave anything out but I really feel that I need to make this so here we go.
I asked my followers for their suggestions on a couple of them and I will point those out, so even if they didn’t make me cry, they made other people I know cry.
And when I say watch with tissues, I mean, you need tissues nearby because these movies will tear your heart to shreds (And I had to fight with myself not to put Maundy Thursday and A Moment to remember on this list because I put them on everything I recommend, but really, they’ll make you sob and if you haven’t seen them yet GO WATCH THEM RIGHT NOW I DEMAND IT)
In no particular order
Almost Love 
- This is actually one of my very favorite Korean movies and I’ve seen it multiple times, though I hardly ever talk about it. It’s basically about this guy and this girl who have been friends since they were children and how they tiptoe about their feelings for one another through growing up and relationships. It’s a beautiful movie and you should heed my warning about having tissues because it hits you right in the heart.
A Wolf’s Temptation (Romance of Their Own) 
- This was one of the movies that my followers suggested, and while I was a little hesitant to put it (mostly because it’s been years since I’ve seen it and I wanted you-ruined-my-life sad movies on here) I thought about it and the events that happened in the movie, and yeah, it’s really a….heartbreaking movie. I liked it because it played into that high school gangster jjang bad ass teenage boys fighting over a girl preference that manga and manhwa have given me. Plus it’s Kang Dong Won and his movies are always flawless so…..
- I didn’t put that ridiculous wind blowing hair poster that I always see bc it’s one of the things that put me off of watching this movie for so long. Um, kick ass lead female character of course, and this movie is special because it’s one of those that makes you sad enough to cry, but then reminds you that you will smile again? Idk, it’s hard to explain and just something you have to watch. The funny parts and the sad parts in this are kind of balanced out so if that’s something you look for, then have at it.
Sad Movie 
- Yes, that is actually the name of the movie, so you go into it knowing at least a little bit that you’re going to come out of it missing pieces of your soul. The cast in this movie is incredible, and it’s one of those that keeps you happy and content all throughout long enough for you to fall in love with the characters and their stories and then sucker punches you right in the gut. Tells a lot of different stories in one movie, and it’s really….just a lovely, sad movie.
Werewolf Boy 
- This is the other movie suggested by my followers……I’ve been in the tag for this, and everyone who has seen it loved it and apparently cried buckets? I teared up a bit at one part but didn’t actually cry like I did with the others on this list. But, I went into it thinking it was going to make me cry and I…knowing myself I like to go against the general masses, so it could have all been me being stupidly stubborn. It was a good movie and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, and Song Joongki is fucking gorgeous and incredible at what he does, but for me it’s not on the same level as the rest of these movies.
Bleak Night 
- I did not expect this movie to hurt me like it did, but it did anyway. I think it was mostly because I wasn’t expecting it that I ended up crying like I did? And well, because I’ve felt what one of the characters in this feels, and it hurts. Having emotions that you yourself are unwilling to face or embrace just thrown out there and being forced to watch….it’s an emotional thing. But anyways, this is about three high school boys and kind of about the problems that inevitably develop in friendships when misunderstandings and an unwillingness to sit down and talk things through occur. It was a good movie and really, I didn’t expect it to be.
Wedding Dress 
- Just seeing this poster again makes me tear up. I think there’s some kind of science to if you add a kid to something sad it makes it about a hundred times sadder. I don’t want to go into a lot of details about why this movie is so sad, because it ruins movies for me, but it was a good movie. A really, really good movie. Also it has Lee Ki Woo and he’s a fox. A tall, delicious fox.
The Last Blossom 
- Look at that poster. IS THIS A JOKE THIS POSTER MAKES IT LOOK LIKE A COMEDY AND EVERYTHING IS FINE AND NO CHILD NO REASON YOU WILL CRY WHY DO THEY DO THAT?!?!??! So many of the saddest movies I’ve seen have these joyful posters for them AND IT’S ALL LIES. But yeah….thinking back on it now, I don’t know why I cried like I did when I watched this movie. I think it’s probably because through the way the story is told you get to really know the characters and….I wouldn’t say that you get attached to them because really, they’re mostly terrible, but you kind of see their dynamic and why they need their mother and how terribly kind of a person she is and it’s just a really sad scenario. I enjoyed this movie a lot though, even though it made me cry sporadically.